1920’s – 1950’s Performances,
Swing and Ballroom Instruction, Weddings and First Dances, Choreography, Directing and Coaching
We absolutely love sharing what we love to do with as many people as possible and it is our mission to make dance accessible to all! We are often hired for an array of opportunities and for a variety of audiences, ranging from teaching private lessons one-on-one to performing in packed theaters for thousands.
1920's - 1950's Performances
"Whether on the stage or the dance floor, Samantha and Brian are an incredible force of seemingly effortless grace and vitality. They will quite literally sweep any audience away, as they are also experts at teaching vintage dances and love to engage a crowd. I book them for my events at every opportunity and their performance is always exceptional.”
– Shien Lee, Founder and Producer of Shien Artists / Dances of Vice
Our services range from,
but are not limited to:
- Social dancing (Lindy Hop/Swing, Charleston, and other ballroom forms) to a live band or DJ
- Interacting and dancing with guests
- Providing atmosphere to your themed event
- Teaching a dance lesson to the attendees
- Performing choreographed routines
We are connected to a collection of talented dancers specializing in the dances of the 1920’s-1950’s, if more than one couple is desired.
- Roaring 20’s/Speakeasy/Prohibition Themed Events
- WWII, Tribute to the Troops, Harlem Themed Events
- Sock Hops
- Private Parties and Corporate Events
- Company Holiday Parties
- Galas and Benefits
- Restaurant Entertainment
- Jazz Clubs
- Theatrical Showcases
Swing and Ballroom Instruction
“Samantha and Brian’s social dance workshop left my high school students excited to show off their new moves in the weeks that followed. Throughout the lesson, Samantha and Brian broke each step down to the basics, were always patient and positive, and even threw in some dance history along the way.”
– Stephanie Martinez, Art U! Coordinator, Sing for Hope
It is never too late to learn how to dance! From elementary school camps, high school residencies, college student club workshops, to adults of all ages, ANYONE can partner dance and we are more than thrilled to spread the contagious bug of dancing in rhythm to the music!
Not only are we available in our hometown of New York City, we are happy to travel around the world! From California, to Maine, to across the sea in London and India, we have taught beginners and seasoned veteran dancers alike.
- Private and group lessons in Swing/Lindy Hop and all the Ballroom forms (Foxtrot, Waltz, Salsa, Rumba, Cha Cha, etc.)
- Private group lessons for you and your friends/colleagues
- Introductory lessons at parties and events
- University teaching
- High school residencies
- Arts camps workshops
- National and international swing dance workshops
“Thank you for making us love dancing as much as you do!”
– Ted and Diana Clement,
Every first dance should be unique.
We can offer you:
- Creative ways to dance together more elegantly and impressively than just “swaying”
- The opportunity to learn a new partnered style of dance: Swing, Foxtrot, Waltz, Viennese Waltz, Rumba, Cha Cha, and/or American Tango!
- A choreographed first dance routine
…and anything you dream of in between!
On the big day itself we are available for:
- Social dancing to recorded or live music
- Dancing with, and encouraging guests to dance
- Choreographed performances. We have talented dance colleagues we can contact if more than one couple is desired for performance.
“Working with Brian has been a great experience; his choreography is so fun and creative, and he even found a way to work around the fact that we only had one leader. The routine turned out fantastic! We had such a good time working on it, and the audience loved it!
– Zoe Slemmons, President of the NYU Swing Dance Society
We regularly choreograph our own partnered routines, group performances for students, and have choreographed for music videos. We have contributed in choreography for the musicals Part of the Plan (TPAC) and Brian is the choreographer for A Charlie Brown Christmas Live! (National Tour), and have collaborated in pre-produrction with Andy Blankenbuehler for Bandstand (Broadway, Papermill).
Directing and Coaching
“Brian’s coaching and consultation helped my dancers immeasurably as they tackled my tap choreography that incorporated elements of Lindy Hop. He is professional, highly knowledgable, and dedicated to his craft– a true pleasure!”
– Caleb Teicher,
professional dancer and
New York Dance and Performance (“Bessies”) Awards Winner
Often we are called in for coaching and consulting to assist others in the creation of their work to be the best it can be. This includes:
- Evaluating authenticity of swing and partnered dance styles
- Advising on choreography composition
- Coaching aerial work (partnered lifts)
- Collaborating on creating a fusion of styles with partnered dance in a theater context
Together we direct all production cast entertainment for the Norwegian Gem, and Brian has Assistant Director/Choreographer credits for the musical Part of the Plan and choreographed A Charlie Brown Christmas National Tour.